The attorney for Kathryn Mayorga, the woman who has filed a r-pe lawsuit against Cristiano Ronaldo has claimed the case has not been dropped.
Ronaldo has denied the allegations made by Ms Mayorga that she was r-ped by the Juventus star in a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.
Las Vegas police reopened their case last year at the request of Ms Mayorga.
Reports emerged on Wednesday that claimed the r-pe lawsuit against the Portuguese superstar had been dropped.
However Larissa Drohobyczer, who is one of Ms Mayorga’s attorneys, has said that isn’t the case, and that the venue of the legal charges has changed.
Drohobyczer confirmed to ESPN that Ms Mayorga’s case has been dropped in Nevada state court but identical charges against Ronaldo has been filed in federal court.
“The charges were not dropped,” Drohobyczer told ESPN.
“The state case was dismissed by us because we filed the identical claims in federal court due to federal court’s rules on serving foreigners. We basically just switched venues, but the claims remain.”
It is also claimed by the report that Ronaldo’s agency, Gestifute, were not aware that the case was dropped.