Transcripts of Letter Submitted by AYM to Sagamu APC yesterday.
APC Sagamu LG
*Letter of Intent to Contest For House of Representatives*
1. I write to notify you that am seeking to represent Remo. We all know that Sagamu especially OFFIN (Sagamu State Constituency 1) which i am from (both my mum and dad) has never represented Remo at the Federal Level. I believe that Offin Sagamu is long due to represent Remo considering its voting strength and being the seat of the Akarigbo of Remoland.
2. The business of lawmaking requires a lot of experience, exposure and ideas. The legislature is a major instrument that gives democracy its definition. Without the legislature, there is no democracy. There is the need to deepen our legislature and the only way we can achieve that is to ensure that only the experienced and exposed people are sent to the National Assembly. I was a member of the Sagamu Local Govt Legislative Council between 1999-2003: I am also a two term representative at the State of House of Assembly before I was elected as the Majority Leader by the House.
3. So, the experiences that I have gathered over the years, qualify me above other contestants to give the people of Remo a quality representation at that level. Looking at those indices, and my reasons, it will not be a bad idea if Remo which happens to be a whole division in Ogun State, has somebody of over 20 years of legislative experience, represent them at that level.
4. Consequently, it is my believe that Remo of the Chief Obafemi Awolowos, the Kehinde Sofolas, the Professor Ogunlesis, the Professor Wole Soyinkas, the SK Onafowokans, the Akarigbo of Remo Oba Babatunde Adewale Ajayi and so on MUST be represented at the Highest level by only its very best and nothing less.
5. Because Legislative experiences counts in legislative business electing me other than anyother person guarrantees the possibility that Remo gets a Principal Officers slot or at the least gets the Chairmanship of a very good Committee for the benefits of the people of Remo.
6. Its also very important that we have a representative at the Federal Level that can leverage on our having our son Prof Osinbajo as the Vice President of the country, especially for the benefits of the teeming indusrious and educated but unemployed Remo Youths.
7. Apart from these, i am a lawyer with almost 20yrs Post Call Experience with Masters in International Business Law from Cambridge and with my PHD in view, This is the task of making laws.
8. Finally, LETS MAKE MORE IMPACT IN REMO TOGETHER! It is my believe that this is our golden chance to make Remo Great Again. We need to put our best foot forward to win our elections into the National Assembly and put Remo in the Party at Aso Rock. Opposition is not good for Remo.
God bless Sagamu LG
God bless Remo North LG
God Bless Ikenne LG
God bless Remoland
Hon. Asiwaju Yinka Mafe
Arole Asiwaju of Remoland
Asiwaju Yinka Mafe’s Submission of Intent Letter and Consultations At APC General Meeting.
Published On August 10, 2018.
History was made in the APC Sagamu LG yesterday. What a joyous and memorable day! it was a celebration galore as party leaders, members, admirers, colleagues, family, co-aspirants under the platform of APC Ogun East trooped out in their thousands to support a proactive, dogged, articulate and vibrant Majority leader of Ogun State House of Assembly and as leading Aspirant for Remo Federal Constituency, Hon. Asiwaju Yinka Mafe, as he declared his intention to contest for House of representatives.
Performing his obligation, the Ogun East party Chairman, Alhaji Yakubu Declared the occasion opened.
Notable Leaders and aspirants were present at the occasion; Baba Dugbe, Alhaji Tolu Dawodu (represented by Hon Isiaka Salami), Baba Aladeyelu, Leader Layiga, Alhaja Morili Balogun (Iya teko) a SA to the governor on general duties, Hon Segun Solarin aka Rolling (SLG APC Chairman), Seasan Jekami, Hon Kehinde Oseni, Hon Samuel Olusegun Solarin (SOS), Hon Sesan Asenuga, Hon Adejuwon aka ACAD, Hon Elegbeji, Hon Kamal Sonowo, Hon Adeyinka Adeniran (Sapele), Otunba Dewunmi Onanuga (Ijaya), Hon Oluwole Folarin, Hon Femi Akinwunmi, Hon Babangida etc.
Prior to his presentation, the crowd were “Chanting MafeLafeLabuja2019” after which Asiwaju Yinka Mafe openly declared that he has resolved to serve his people and nothing will derail his service to the masses. He reminded them of some of his project and achievements; Creation of Jobs for Youths, Soft Loan to Women, Community Health Centre, Free ICT Training Centre, Ultra-Modern Town Hall, Blocks of Classrooms, Free High Surgery, Free Tutorials, Free School Bus/ Shuttle, Empowerment Programmes, Training Traditional Birth Attendants, Football Tournaments. He further called the attention of people to the ongoing project of his tagged “WATER FOR ALL IN REMO”. He said he intend to construct water supply in all the 35wards in Remoland where water is a problem. According to him “we’ve built and commissioned that of Aiyegbami, Ishara and Ikenne are under construction and would be commissioned soon”. He also promised to touch all Remo Communities
AYM’s speech was accompanied by interludes from the popular Ekute musician, Alayuba band (Mr Gaddo) and beautiful bizarre dancing steps. According to the dignitaries present, some of which were on the stage with him said that if AYM is supported to the office, we will not regret it and he (AYM) will not disappoint us. He is a good son that worth our support, he handed over the letter of declaration of intent to the leaders and it was read to the members hearings.
However, it should be noted that AYM due to his love for service to the people had been in the race since 1997, when he was first elected as a counsellor, his loyalty to the governor and progressive ideology makes him relevant till today.
AYM said, As a proactive Leader, all members can attest to the fact that in all situations, he always says remained very active and prompt in honouring his subscriptions and attending and participating in meetings and events of our great party”
MafeLafe Media Crew (Ambassador Easy) interviewed some party Leaders and he reported the following,
– Offin is long due for rep.
– For APC to win AYM is the answer.
– We are proud of AYM’s achievements in the community.
– AYM will do to Remo what he’s doing to Offin. They all reassured AYM of their believe in his ability to represent them at the Green Chamber of the National Assembly. He was urged not to allow detractors who have nothing to offer their community to detract him from doing what he believed in.
In conclusion, AYM had served and garnered experience required for the task ahead, he’s very much ready and prepared. AYM is a two terms Ogun State house of assembly member, and presently the majority leader of the house, due to the service delivery and efficiency, he would lead us aright.
Thankfully, AYM said that through the will, grace and supremacy of the Almighty and the support he received from everyone, he was not only been honourably vindicated from all those baseless allegations and negative attributes ascribed to him in the past, he has equally enjoyed satisfactory relationships, official as well as personal.
The Party Leaders took turns to pray for AYM individually as they acknowleldged the fact that truly it’s the turn of Offin in Sagamu and if APC wants to win, a strong candidate like AYM is the answer.
He further assured his supporters not to be perturbed by the activities of the detractors, in and outside the party who only believe in buying of votes and spreading a false information about my person. He said they are already drowning and looking for who to drag along but I remain gallant, resolute and committed. By God grace, we shall triumph. This is however the beauty of democracy – respect for diversity!